Indian Air Force has released vacancies for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) / Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches. Online applications are also invited for NCC Special Entry Scheme (For grant of PC/SSC in Flying Branch) and Meteorology Branch. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below.
No. Of Vacancy
|Ground Duty (Technical)||AE(L): PC-22, SSC-30
AE(M): PC-10, SSC-14
|Ground Duty (Non-technical)||Admin: PC-8, SSC-12
Logistics: PC-1, SSC-4
Accounts: PC-3, SSC-5
Education: PC-3, SSC-4
|NCC Special Entry||Flying||10% seats out of CDSE
vacancies for Flying
|Meteorology Branch||Ground Duty (Non-technical)||PC-10
Educational Qualification: Please read Official Notification for Educational Qualification details.
- Flying Branch:
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 24 years
- Age as on 01 July 2019 i.e. born between 02 July 1995 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical/Non-technical) Branches:
- Minimum Age: 20 years
- Maximum Age: 26 years
- Age as on 01 July 2019 i.e. born between 02 July 1993 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Note: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course. Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also ineligible.
- Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of July 2019 for all courses .
- The duration of training for Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches is 74 weeks.
- The duration of Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
- PAN Card, Aadhaar card and account in SBI/ Nationalised Bank is mandatory at the time of joining Air Force Academy (AFA).
Candidates registering for AFCAT entry will have to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- as examination fee.
Note: Candidates registering for Meteorology entry and NCC Special entry are not required to pay any amount.
Pattern: AFCAT Exam (Multiple Choice Questions)
Time Duration: 2 hrs
Subjects: Verbal ability, Numerical ability, Reasoning, General Awareness and Military Aptitude.
There is a negative marking 1/3 in all sections.
Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT.
Note: Candidates who are opting for Ground Duty (technical) branch have to pass both AFCAT & EKT.
How to Apply: Interested Candidates may Apply Online Through official Website.
Starting Date of Online Application: 16-06-2018
Last Date to Apply Online: 15-07-2018