Daily Current Affairs May 12
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs May 12
CM Pema Khandu inaugurates the Arunachal Pradesh’s biggest Solar Plant.
- Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu inaugurated the AP’s biggest solar plant at Energy Awareness Park.
- The inauguration happens in the presence of the Power Minister Tamiyo Taga in Itanagar.
- Officials of Arunachal Pradesh Energy Development Agency (APEDA) successfully implemented the project.
- The Solar Plant has a capacity of 1 MW.
- The estimated investment is of Rs 8.50 crore.
Telangana Government has launched Rythu Bandhu Scheme for farmers.
- Telangana Government recently introduced a scheme known as Rythu Bandhu to help farmers.
- The scheme is to provide Rs 4,000 per acre to each land-owning farmers for Rabi and Kharif seasons.
- Also, with the scheme, they are offering special passbooks to them.
- The program flagged off by the Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao, who distributed 298 cheques to farmers at Huzoorabad Mandal in Karimnagar district.
- The state government has set aside Rs 12,000 crore in the 2018-19 budget for Rythu Bandhu.
In Mumbai, U.S.-India Aviation Summit takes place.
- In collaboration with the U.S.-India Aviation Cooperation Program and the Government of India, Us Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) is hosted the 6th U.S.-India Aviation Summit in Mumbai, India.
- The summit was of two days.
- They promoted a high-level dialogue on bilateral aviation issues and will provide a forum to identify solutions that support the rapid growth of India’s aviation sector.
- The event was organized by the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) on the behalf of USTDA.
President Ram Nath Kovind became the 2nd President to visit Army Base in Siachen.
- President of India, Ram Nath Kovind visits the Army Base Camp in Siachen.
- He became the second President of India to visit the world’s highest battlefield in 14 years.
- The first visit was undertaken by former president APJ Abdul Kalam in April 2004.
- Some of the posts on Siachen are located at an altitude of over 20,000 feet where the temperature drops up to minus 52 degrees Celcius.
Latest International Current Affairs May 12 Updates from around the globe.
PM Modi leaves for two-day visit to Nepal.
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has left for the two-day visit to Nepal.
- The visit is to take forward the issues of mutual interest and partnership across diverse sectors.
- This is the third visit of PM Modi to Nepal as Prime Minister.
- Both the leaders will jointly lay the foundation stone for Arun 3 hydropower project.
SCO Tourism Ministers’ conference takes place in China.
- The Tourism Minister’s Conference by Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) takes place in Wuhan, China.
- Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism and Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, K. J. Alphons attended the conference.
- India’s Tourism sector is growing fast and has got an emerging market for outbound travel and a tremendous potential for tourism co-operation with the SCO region.
Venkaiah Naidu 3-Nation Visit: Arrives in Peru on final leg.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu arrived in Peru on the third leg of his three-nation visit to Central America.
- In Peru, he will meet the top leaders of the country and discuss various issues of mutual interest.
Check out the latest trending Agreement Current Affairs May 12 updates by reading the news.
Gujarat-Poland sign MoU on Organizing Independence Centenary.
- The department of youth and cultural affairs of the Gujarat government will be co-organizers for the centenary celebrations to mark the independence of Poland in Delhi and other parts of the world.
- In this regard, a MoU was signed between the Gujarat government and the Poland government.
- The MoU is signed by the Polish ambassador to India Adam Burakowski and principal secretary of youth and cultural affairs department V P Patel in the presence of the Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
Malaysia gets oldest Prime Minister in the world.
- Mahathir Mohamad elected as the new Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- He took the oath at the Istana Negara Palace in Kuala Lumpur.
- His coalition defeated the governing Barisan Nasional coalition, led by Prime Minister Najib Razak, which has been in the power for more than 60 years.
Mohit Chauhan nominated as the Green Ambassador of Sikkim.
- According to the official notification by the Sikkim government, Bollywood singer Mohit Chauhan has nominated as the Green Ambassador of the State.
- Sikkim is known for its rich biodiversity and abundant natural resources due to environment-friendly policies being followed by the state government for more than two decades.
Nirman Singh elected for JK Assembly Speaker.
- BJP legislator and former deputy chief minister Nirmal Singh were elected as the speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly.
- The motion to elect Nirmal Singh was moved by Law, Justice, and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Basharat Bukhari and seconded by Deputy Chief Minister Kavinder Gupta.