Daily Current Affairs Feb 27
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs Feb 27
India is world’s economic hope, says Venkaiah Naidu.
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu said that India is the economic hope of the world and the picture is both fascinating and complex.
- He said millions of people are working round the clock to keep the wheels of the economy running.
- He was speaking at a function to give away Prime Minister’s Shram Awards to 338 workers.
PM Modi to launch National Nutrition Mission next month.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the National Nutrition Mission (NNM) at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan on March 8.
- In December last year, the Cabinet approved the NNM with a budget of Rs 9,046.17 till 2020.
- The mission has a target to reduce under-nutrition and low birth weight by 2 percent each per annum.
- The total contribution of the Centre will be Rs 2,849.54 crore and nearly Rs 1,700 crore will be contributed by the state governments.
World’s tallest war memorial to come up at Amaravati.
- India’s first and world’s largest war memorial with a 250 feet statue of a soldier of the Indian Army to built-in Amaravati.
- There is other a 200-feet bronze ring to be constructed around a huge Buddha statue.
- Connecting the two statues would be a 2-km-long and 80-feet-wide traffic-free stretch along the Krishna River on approximately 130 acres.
- The MoU for the 6,100 crore project stated that it would be the first-of-its-kind street tourism destination to attract national and international tourists.
EC likely to announce Karnataka poll schedule in 2nd week of April.
- The Election Commission is likely to announce the schedule for Karnataka Assembly elections in the second week of April.
- They said the Election Commission will visit the state sometime in the end of March or early April to decide the date.
- The term of the 224-member Karnataka assembly ends on May 28 this year.
- The BJP is seeking to wrest control of the southern state from the Congress and has already declared former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa as its chief ministerial candidate.
- The JD-S, which is the third force in the state, has announced its pre-poll tie-up with the Bahujan Samaj Party.
Jordan king’s three-day visit begins today.
- Jordanian king’s three-day visit will start today.
- During his visit, both sides will look to expand ties in a range of key areas including defence and security.
- King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, a 41st generation direct descendant of Prophet Muhammad, is known for his global initiative to fight radicalisation and terrorism.
Latest International Current Affairs Feb 27 Updates from around the globe.
India, US hold talks on defence cooperation.
- India and the US discussed ways to deepen bilateral defence cooperation, including joint development of military hardware.
- The discussion of the issues took place at a meeting of the Inter-Agency Task Force which is part of the Defence Technology and Trade Initiative.
- The meeting was co-chaired by Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff Vice Admiral A K Jain and Acting Director of the US’ International Cooperation Matthew Warren.
Michael McCormack replaces Barnaby Joyce as Australia Deputy PM.
- Michael McCormack is chosen in a party-room ballot to replace Barnaby Joyce as the leader of the rural-based National Party.
- Joyce, who campaigned on family values, resigned over an extramarital affair with his former media secretary.
- Joyce is expecting a child with his former staff member and has left his marriage of 24 years.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs Feb 27 updates by reading the news.
RBI raises currency derivative trade limit to $100 million.
- The RBI had imposed a limit of $15 million for USD-INR and $5 million for other currency pairs of Indian rupee with Euro, Japanese Yen and British Pound.
- The RBI’s decision to raise the limit will help entities engaged in forex transactions.
- These limits shall also be monitored by the exchanges, and breaches, if any, may be reported to the Reserve Bank of India.
OYO to reappear on MakeMyTrip.
- Online travel booking site MakeMyTrip (MMT) is bringing back budget hotel aggregator brand OYO Rooms.
- As part of this partnership, OYO’s chain of hotels across India, Malaysia and Nepal will available for booking on MakeMyTrip.
Sterlite Technologies bags Rs 3,500 crore project from Indian Navy.
- Sterlite Technologies said it has been awarded a Rs3,500-crore advance purchase order to design, build and manage the Indian Navy’s communications network.
- The Rs 3500-crore system integration project will enable the Indian Navy with a digital communications network.
- This will give the navy digital defence supremacy at par with the best naval forces globally.
Current Affairs Feb 27 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Kidambi Srikanth claims the highest honour of Sportsperson of the Year.
- Kidambi Srikanth was honoured as Sportsperson of the Year at the third Mahindra Scorpio Times of India Sports Awards (TOISA) powered by All-Out.
- Srikanth has thus become the third Indian after Jitu Rai and PV Sindhu to win the coveted award.
- He became the first Indian shuttler to win four Super Series titles and moved to a career-high No 2 in the BWF men’s singles rankings.
Morne Morkel to retire from international cricket after Australia Test series.
- Morne Morkel, South African cricket team pacer, has announced he will retire from all forms of international cricket.
- The 33-year-old Morkel has played 83 Tests, 117 One-Day Internationals and 44 T20 Internationals in a successful career spanning 12 years.
- He has taken 294 Test wickets – including seven five-fors – and is currently the fifth highest all-time wicket-taker for South Africa in Test matches.
- He has an impressive tally of 529 wickets across the three formats.
British boxer Westgarth dies after a heavyweight bout.
- British boxer Scott Westgarth has died after falling ill following a heavyweight bout.
- Westgarth looks uncomfortable at the interview ringside after his points victory over Dec Spelman in Doncaster.
- The 31-year-old, who had been chasing an English title fight, died at Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
Subramanian, former cabinet secy, dead.
- Former cabinet secretary and noted bureaucrat T S R Subramanian passed away in the national capital.
- Subramanian was a 1961 batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service and he is from UP cadre.
- He served as the cabinet secretary from August 1, 1996, to March 31, 1998.