Daily Current Affairs April 11
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs April 11
World’s largest solar park to come up in Gujarat.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Tuesday approved setting up a 5000 MW capacity solar park at the Dholera Special Investment Region.
- The proposed solar power generation project would be set up in 11,000 hectares of land with an investment of Rs 25,000 crore.
- The project will contribute significantly to achieving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s target of producing 175 gigawatts of electricity.
PM Modi to visit Stockholm next week.
- India and Sweden are looking for a couple of big outcomes at next week’s summit when prime minister Narendra Modi travels to Stockholm.
- Modi travels for a bilateral summit and the first Indo-Nordic summit with Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- Bilaterally, India and Sweden may sign an innovation partnership agreement.
A report says Kolkata airport one of the fastest growing.
- The Airports Council International (ACI), a trade body that represents airports across the globe, has ranked Kolkata airport among the fastest growing in the world.
- ACI’s World Airport Traffic Forecast predicts that India will represent the third largest aviation market in terms of the passenger.
- Kolkata is all set to contribute significantly to the pie.
- In reference to the projected surge in air traffic in Indian cities.
Google celebrates KL Saigal’s 114th birth anniversary with a doodle.
- Kundanlal Saigal, or KL Saigal, as he was popularly known, was a versatile singer and actor, who entered into the realm of legends.
- He has worked on 36 films in three languages in a span of 15 years.
- Saigal has sung over 185 songs throughout his career, with a distinct voice that has eternally enthralled his listeners.
BJP richest national party, with Rs. 1,034 Crore declared income.
- With the declared income of over Rs. 1,000 crores, BJP is the richest among the seven national political parties in India.
- The party made an income of Rs. 1,034 crores during 2016-17, which is about two-thirds the earnings of the national seven parties.
- The Congress is a distant second, with a declared income of Rs. 225.36 crore, the report says.
ISRO to launch navigation satellite on April 12.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation will on Thursday launch a navigation satellite, the eighth such satellite to be a part of a constellation.
- PSLV-C41/IRNSS-1I Mission is scheduled to be launched on Thursday morning at 4.04am.
- IRNSS-1I is expected to replace IRNSS-1A, the first of the seven navigation satellites.
- The launch will be ISRO’s second attempt at sending a replacement satellite.
Latest International Current Affairs April 11 Updates from around the globe.
Indian mechanic in UAE wins $1 million in Dubai raffle.
- An Indian mechanic based in Sharjah struck gold on Tuesday when he won USD 1 million in the latest Dubai Duty-Free Millennium Millionaire draw.
- Pinto Paul Thommana, 36, hit the jackpot along with his friend in the latest Dubai Duty-Free draw held in Concourse A of Dubai International Airport.
- Thommana, working for an automotive workshop in Sharjah, won the amount in Series 268 with ticket number 2465, which he purchased online.
China defends the South China Sea military buildup.
- China’s military says it’s entitled to strengthen its defences on islands in the disputed South China Sea.
- Defence ministry spokesman Ren Guoqiang’s statement on Tuesday follows the US Navy’s deployment of three aircraft carriers to the strategically vital sea body.
- Ren was quoted as saying on the ministry’s website that it was China’s right to take such measures.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs April 11 updates by reading the news.
Honda starts work on electric scooters for India.
- Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India have started work on developing electric scooters for the Indian market.
- Minoru Kato, president and CEO of HMSI, said that work regarding the electric scooters is being carried out at its headquarters in Japan.
- He said that the minimum range that the company is targeting on a single charge is 100 kms.
Uber buys electric bicycle rental company Jump Bikes.
- Uber Technologies Inc. is leaping into the bike-rental industry with the purchase of Jump Bikes.
- The ride-hailing giant agreed to pay more than $100 million in cash and stock to buy the electric-bicycle provider.
- Jump and Uber struck a partnership that integrated Jump’s $2-a-ride service into Uber’s mobile application earlier this year.
The intra-state e-way bill to be rolled out from April 5 in 5 states.
- E-way bills for movement of goods within the state will be rolled out from April 15, starting with five states.
- The government had launched the electronic-way or e-way bill system for moving goods worth over Rs 50,000 from one state to another (inter-state) starting April 1.
- E-way bills for intra-state movement or movement within a state will be rolled out from April 15, the finance ministry said in a statement.
- The five states which would form part of the first phase of the rollout are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Kerala and Uttar Pradesh.
IPS officer Rajesh Ranjan takes the appointment as DG CISF.
- Senior IPS officer Rajesh Ranjan was on Tuesday takes the appointment as Director General of Central Industrial Security Force.
- Ranjan, a 1984 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Bihar cadre, is at present Special Director General, Border Security Force.
- He will be as the chief of the CISF till November 30, 2020.
Trump’s top homeland security adviser resigns.
- White House adviser on homeland security Tom Bossert on Tuesday became the latest top official to leave the Trump administration.
- President Trump thanks him for his patriotic service and wishes him well.
- Bossert’s departure came just a day after John Bolton took charge as President Donald Trump’s third national security adviser.
Current Affairs April 11 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Liverpool beat Manchester City to enter Champions League semi-final.
- Liverpool reached the Champions League semi-final after recovering from conceding a goal inside two minutes against Manchester City.
- They knew a spot in the last four for the first time in 10 years was there for the taking.
- Liverpool, who won 5-1 on aggregate, is bidding for its sixth title in Europe’s top competition and its first since 2005.
AS Roma dumps FC Barcelona out after miracle comeback.
- Kostas Manolas sent Roma through to the semi-finals of the Champions League after an incredible 3-0 victory over FC Barcelona.
- The hosts held on brilliantly to see the result out and go through to the semis for the first time since 1984.
India to face Serbia in Serbia in Davis Cup World Group Play-offs.
- Team India will play with fifth seed Serbia in an away Davis Cup World Group play-off tie.
- India beat China 3-2 to make it to the World Group Play-offs in the new two-day three-set match format in Tianjin.
- A Novak Djokovic-less Serbia had lost 1-3 to the USA at home in the first round of the World Group in February this year.