Daily Current Affairs March 10
Detail Read – March 10 Current Updates
|This Day in History|
Quick Read – Latest Affairs March 10
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 10
After Doklam standoff, India to focus on Bhutan ties.
- India’s diplomatic engagement will place significant focus this year on Bhutan, including a planned visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- A series of events planned to mark the golden jubilee of diplomatic relations between the two countries follow the tense 73-day standoff between Indian and Chinese troops.
- Bhutan was also the first foreign port of call for Modi after he took over as prime minister in May 2014.
Mumbai set to be the global hub for Fintech.
- The state government plans to make Mumbai the global hub for Financial Tech or Fintech businesses.
- State finance minister Sudhir Mungantiwar said that it has been decided to launch an innovative Fintech Policy to promote innovative financial services.
- The state also allocated Rs3.5 crore for the strengthening and up gradation of Haffkine Institute.
- Maharashtra FM Sudhir Mungantiwar says govt will launch a policy to promote innovative financial services particularly to the poor.
Work on Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to start in April.
- The construction of the ambitious Mumbai – Nagpur Super Communication Expressway will start in April.
- The 701-km expressway Greenfield project, which is also called the Samruddhi Mahamarg will connect two important cities in the state.
- The expressway will pass through the most backward districts of the state.
- A special purpose vehicle (SPV) has been set up in the name of Nagpur-Mumbai Super Communication Expressway Limited for this project.
- The Samruddhi Mahamarg will run through 10 districts, 26 tehsils and 390 villages.
President Kovind to visit Mauritius and Madagascar from March 11-15.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will embark on a six-day visit starting March 11 to the island nations of Madagascar and Mauritius.
- Kovind will be the chief guest at the celebrations commemorating the 50th year of the independence of Mauritius.
- The visit of the president to Madagascar, from March 14-15, will also be the first-ever visit by an Indian VVIP to the island nation.
- Kovind will also inaugurate the World Hindi Secretariat that is coming up in Mauritius.
Samajwadi Party is the richest regional party with Rs. 635 crore assets.
- Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party (SP) declared assets worth nearly Rs. 635 in 2015-16.
- It is topping the list of 22 regional parties, according to a report by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR).
- During the financial year 2011-12, the declared assets of SP was Rs. 212.86 crore which increased by 198% to Rs. 634.96 crore.
- In terms of liabilities, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and Telegu Desam Party (TDP) were the top two regional parties.
Latest International Current Affairs March 10 Updates from around the globe.
China, Japan, South Korea bristle over US steel, aluminium tariffs.
- Major Asian nations reacted sharply to US President Donald Trump’s decision to impose tariffs on steel and aluminium imports.
- Japan said the move would have a “big impact” on the countries close bilateral ties.
- China, which produces half the world’s steel, will assess any damage caused by the U.S. move.
- It was the most explicit threat yet from the country in an escalating trade spat.
Chemical experts of UK military join Russian spy poisoning probe.
- Military personnel specialising in chemical and biological warfare have joined the investigation in Salisbury.
- About 180 British military personnel, including specialists in chemical and biological warfare, have joined the investigation.
- They joined to investigate the attempted murder of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter in Salisbury.
The US announces five million dollars reward for Pakistan Taliban leader Fazlullah.
- The US on Friday announced a USD 5 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Maulana Fazlullah.
- The announcement by the State Department came a day after Fazlullah’s son was reported killed in a US drone strike in Afghanistan.
- Under its rewards for justice programme, the US also announced a USD 3 million reward for information each on Abdul Wali of Jamaat ul-Ahrar.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 10 updates by reading the news.
IndiGo plans to order 50 Airbus A330 planes.
- IndiGo, India’s biggest airline, plans to order as many as 50 Airbus SE A330 wide-body jets.
- The carrier aims to take the upgraded A330neo version of the plane, according to the people, who asked not to be named as the discussions are not public.
- The deal would be worth $13 billion at list prices for the smaller of two variants, though some of the aircraft are likely to be options to be confirmed later.
Ljungstrom’s 7th factory set up in Mahindra World City.
- US-based Ljungstrom on Friday inaugurated a manufacturing facility in Chennai which will be used to meet its Indian and export requirements.
- The company has invested $7million in the new plant that has a production capacity of 16,000 metric tons per annum.
- The company is expecting to clock revenues of close to Rs 100 crore for 2017-18.
JSW signs deal to acquire 50 percent stake in Delhi Daredevils.
- The GMR Group owners of Delhi Daredevils today inked a packed with JSW Sports for equal partnership in their IPL franchise.
- JSW group owns top football club Bengaluru FC apart from supporting elite Olympic sportspersons.
- The matter will be placed before the IPL Governing Council on March 16 but it seems a done deal as BCCI mandarins are already in the loop.
Current Affairs March 10 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Neymar wants Barcelona to return: Spanish reports.
- Neymar already regrets moving to Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and is seeking a shock return to Barcelona, according to reports in the Spanish media.
- In the same week that PSG crashed out of the Champions League, and only seven months after he joined the club.
- He joined the PSG for a world record of 222 million euros ($264 million), Neymar´s future has become uncertain.
- Barca, however, is not the only club Neymar is reportedly targeting as a potential way out of PSG.