Daily Current Affairs March 13
Detail Read – March 13 Current Updates
|This Day in History|
Quick Read – Latest Affairs March 13
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 13
Modi, Macron launch UP’s biggest solar power plant.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French president Emmanuel Macron jointly inaugurated the largest solar power plant in Mirzapur.
- The government gave a present of framed pictures of Maharishi Aurobindo and Goddess Vindhyavasani, the deity worshipped at the Vindhyachal shrine.
- The PM and French president pressed a button to energise the solar panels and dedicated the 75 MW facility to the people.
- The heads of the two countries inspected the plant set up by French company ENGIE.
- Over 1.18 lakh solar panels are installed in the plant which will produce 15.6 crore units of electricity annually.
SP’s Naresh Agarwal joins BJP, targets Jaya Bachchan.
- Samajwadi Party, Naresh Agarwal, a confidant of the Yadavs, joined BJP on Monday.
- Immediately after joining he embarrassed his host with a “sexist” comment about Rajya Sabha MP Jaya Bachchan
- The former SP MP was perhaps aiming his guns at Mulayam Singh Yadav for nominating Bachchan but ended up embarrassing BJP.
Dalai Lama to skip Indian Science Congress.
- Dalai Lama will not attend the event of the 105th edition of the Indian Science Congress (ISC) that begins in Manipur.
- As reported the note underlined that this is a “very sensitive time” for bilateral relations with China.
- The ISC’s website, however, still lists the Dalai Lama as one of the three Nobel laureates.
Each Rafale to cost Rs 670 cr: Govt.
- Each basic version of the Rafale jet would cost Rs 670 crore, the government informed the Rajya Sabha on Monday.
- Minister of state for defence, Subhash Bhamre said, the per unit price of the jet, manufactured by French aircraft manufacturer Dassault Aviation, did not cover associated equipment.
- The Rafales, ordered by the government in September 2016, would be equipped with latest weapons and tailored for Indian needs.
Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman to visit China next month.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday said she will visit China next month, which will be an important trip.
- It is in the backdrop of the strain in the ties between the two countries witnessed after the Doklam stand-off.
- Ms Sitharaman also said the government has responded to all the queries of the Congress in detail related to the Rafale deal.
Latest International Current Affairs March 13 Updates from around the globe.
Pakistan’s first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator was sworn in.
- Krishna Kumari Kolhi on Monday scripted history when she was sworn-in as Pakistan’s first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator.
- Kolhi, 39, was among 51 legislators who were sworn in as the members of the upper house of the Muslim-majority country.
- Kolhi, who belongs to a remote village in Nagarparkar district of Thar in Sindh province, is a member of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari-led Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).
UK’s May says ‘highly likely’ Russia behind nerve attack on the spy.
- British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Monday it was “highly likely” that Moscow was responsible for the poisoning in England.
- British officials had identified the substance as being part of the Novichok group of nerve agents.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 13 updates by reading the news.
InterGlobe to sell the unit in the $400m deal.
- InterGlobe has mandated investment banks Avendus and BNP Paribas to advise on a sale of InterGlobe Technologies.
- IGT is an IT services and back-office specialist in hospitality and travel sectors with annualized revenue of $200 million.
- InterGlobe, through Indi-Go, is said to be in contention to buy into the soon to be privatised Air India.
India attracts $209 bn FDI during Apr 2014 to Dec 2017.
- Foreign direct investment has increased “steadily” in the country with total capital inflows reaching $208.99 billion during April 2014 to December 2017 period.
- The main sectors that received maximum foreign inflows include services, computer software and hardware, telecommunications, construction, trading and automobile.
- The number of functional units in 2015-16 was 2,269 and 2,293 in the previous fiscal.
Google to rebrand Android Wear as Wear OS.
- Google has hinted it might be rebranding Android Wear the operating system (OS) that is designed for smartwatches and other wearables to simply “Wear OS”.
- According to a report by 9to5mac, this new name was first spotted by a Reddit user who received a pairing notification.
Cognizant to buy the US-based company.
- IT services major Cognizant on Monday said it had agreed to acquire US-based Bolder Healthcare Solutions (BHS).
- RCM software and processes integrate and automate healthcare administrative and medical data to ensure benefit eligibility and accurate billing and collections.
- BHS is based in Louisville, Kentucky and currently has 2,400 specialists serving over 1,400 clients locations in the US.
Tata Sons to sell $1.25 billion of Tata Consultancy stake to pay the debt.
- India’s biggest business group plans to sell $1.25 billion of its stake in Tata Consultancy Ltd.
- Tata Sons will sell 28.27 million shares of Asia’s largest software developer or about 1.48% stake, according to the terms.
- The company plans to sell the shares at between Rs 2,872 to Rs 2,925 a share, the terms show.
Current Affairs March 13 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
KL Rahul becomes first Indian to be dismissed hit wicket in T20Is.
- KL Rahul became the first Indian to set the dubious record in the list of batsmen who were dismissed hit wicket in Twenty20 Internationals.
- Rahul achieved the unwanted feat against Sri Lanka in the fourth T20I of the Nidahas Trophy Tri-Series.
- For India, the first to be dismissed hit wicket in Tests was Lala Amarnath in 1949, while in ODIs it was Nayan Mongia in 1995.
IPL launches anthem for 2018 edition.
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) on Monday launched the anthem for the 2018 edition, starting April 7.
- The BCCI and Star India have collaborated to create an anthem for the campaign this year.
- The anthem is released in five languages – Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Kannada and Telugu – across all platforms (TV, radio, and digital).
French couturier Hubert de Givenchy dies at 91.
- French couturier Hubert de Givenchy, a pioneer of ready-to-wear who designed Audrey Hepburn’s little black dress died at the age of 91.
- Givenchy was part of the elite cadre of Paris-based designers including Christian Dior, Yves Saint Laurent.